Day 1: saturday 4-8pm
- Informal meet up – Curls & Bubbles – Get to know each other
- Introduction to the science of curly hair-curl types;
- Curl products & accessaries;
- Ingredients to avoid & why;
- Business building;
Day 2: Sunday 9:15-5:30pm
- Amanda’s live model cut demonstration for your look & learn
- Peter’s hands on Hydration & curl management session
- Mannequin head cut
- Mannequin head wash/set/dry
- Q&A at end of day – time to ask curly questions
Day 3: Monday 9:15am to 4:30pm
- Revision of techniques from Day 2
- 2 x Model cut/wash/set/dry
- Feedback & Q&A
curly hair education
imagine if you could
Book Curly Clients
Book curlies who haven’t been to a salon in forever out of fear and keep them coming back time and time again
Cut and Hydrate confidently
Give your client that perfect curl cut along with the knowledge on how to care for them at home
Increase your Profit
Get results your clients want while unapologetically raising prices to match the value you provide
Why did we start CHEA?
We came to the conclusion that it was pointless for us to amass knowledge on curly hair only to keep it to ourselves. When we realised there was no quality professional education in Australia, a lightbulb went on in our heads.
Given that not everyone can afford to travel abroad for further education, we chose to share our knowledge and experience. Our aim is to build a curly community and empower, educate and inspire YOU, the next generation of curly hair artists!
my goals for you
- Be able to confidently raise your prices
- Provide an experience you’re truly passionate about
- Learn to confidently educate your clients
- Know that you can change someones life
lovely words from our students
“Ohh thank you soooo much!!!!💕💕😘😘 since your workshop I have fell in love with the Art of Curls!!!!!! I am absolutely loving all my curly clients and enjoying the transformations using your techniques that I have learnt from you both!💛💕✨ thank you again!! Xxxxxxx”
* Please bring an open mind to learning new techniques as well your SCISSORS & SECTIONING CLIPS & WHITE TOP or APRON *
meet the masters
- In 2013 I became a Deva Inspired Advanced Stylist. This course was my light bulb moment. It was when it all came together for me.
- In 2014 I joined a group CHA,(Curly Hair Artistry), an astonishingly passionate collection of Curly Hair Artists in the world and have attended 2 CHA symposiums (Detroit, 2014 and Washington DC, 2015) to further advance my skills in all types of curly hair from wavy through to super curly.
- In March 2018 I became Australia’s first and only Deva Certified Stylist.
- In June 2019 I completed the Cut It Kinky class, working with tight curls & coils. Working with tight curls, kinks & coils gives me complete joy.
- In February 2020, I completed Rezo certification.
- In 2021, I become a Certified Innersense Organic Beauty Educator.
I have been trained by Amanda Rickman of Purely Curls, Australia and Ron Suriano of Moisture Salon, New York. I have been a hydrationist for 6 years and successfully trained over 80 Australian hairstylists in that time.
I completed further hydration education with Southern Curl in Atlanta and with Evan Joseph in New York. I am also a Certified Innersense Organic Beauty Educator.
My passion is to help curlies to achieve the best results they can through the art of hydration and correct product application.
don’t just take our word for it..
“This intense weekend learning all things curly is a must! Amanda and Peter are very passionate and generous in their teaching. My team and I at @ 52 Hair Co, learnt so much. Highly recommend!!”