CURLY HAIR EDUCATION AUSTRALIA
Build your curly hair skillset
Learn the foundations of curls from curl master, Amanda Rickman + hydration guru, Peter Rickman over 3 days
in a small group size, making it the perfect environment for learning.
Working with curly hair is a completely different ballgame – you may be thinking your current process is sufficient, but we can guarantee you will learn a new way to work with curls after completing this intensive, producing an even BETTER result for your curly clients.
curly hair education
Imagine if you could
Book Curly Clients
Book curlies who haven’t been to a salon in forever out of fear and keep them coming back time and time again
Cut and Hydrate confidently
Give your client that perfect curl cut along with the knowledge on how to care for their curls at home
Increase your Profits
Get results your clients LOVE while unapologetically raising your prices to match the value you provide
Is this INTENSIVE for you?
This intensive is for you if…
- You are a qualified hairdresser / cosmotologist and want to learn or level up your curly skillset
- You love to learn in person and in a small group setting
- You want to feel excited when a curly haired person books in with you because you feel confident in cutting, hydrating and styling their hair
- You want to confidently raise your prices and potentially reduce your time behind the chair because of it
Day 1: Saturday 4-8pm
- Informal meet up – Curls & Bubbles – Get to know each other
- Introduction to the science of curly hair
- Curl types
- Curl products & accessories
- Ingredients to avoid & why
- Business building
Day 2: Sunday 9:00-5:30pm
- Amanda’s live model cut demonstration for your look & learn
- Peter’s hands on Hydration & curl management session
- Mannequin head cut
- Mannequin head wash/set/dry
- Q&A at end of day – time to ask curly questions
Day 3: Monday 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Revision of techniques from Day 2
- 2 x Model cut/wash/set/dry
- Feedback & Q&A
SOME LOVE FROM OUR STUDENTS
Did you know?
Between 60-70% of people in the world have some form of curl, from swavy through to super curly.
By the end of this intensive
you will have…
- The confidence to work with curly hair, cutting and hydrating curls of all kinds to give your clients the best possible result
- The knowledge to provide your curly clients so they know how to care for their curls until your next appointment (because they will be re-booking for sure!)
- A plan on how you can increase your prices to match your new skillset and knowledge and be be paid your worth!
MEET YOUR TEACHERS
Amanda + Peter
We are two curly hair nerds who live, breathe & love curly hair. Our business evolved with me first (Amanda) who has loved curly hair since I was a child. I began my hair career later & realised blow drying & straightening every day, all day was not going to work because of previous RSI injuries. (Yes, crazily I still went into hairdressing) I realised there was more to do be learnt in the world of hair, so why not indulge my love of curls?! Ten years ago, this is just what I did.
Here begun my curl quest to become an expert in curly hair artistry. That journey began in 2010 and still to this day spending many hours flying back and forward to the USA for further education and continually researching online to learn as much as possible about curls and the type of products specifically related to curly hair.
Fast forward a few years & business is booming but I can’t do it all by myself because it’s just me. By this stage, I was working in 2 cities, back & forward but I needed help. My husband (Peter) & business partner needed a new direction so I got him hooked on curly hair as well. After opening a successful curl only salon in Brisbane it became apparent we needed to teach what we knew & did every day.
In 2018 we devised a learning package to teach other hairdressers in Australia about serving the large & growing market in curly hair of all types.
Education is the key.
This intensive is for qualified stylists as you would need to have a complete knowledge of cutting principles.
Yes, providing you can demonstrate the skills required, we provide you with a certificate of competancy. You will also be eligible for listing on our ‘Stylist Finder’ page so curlies can find you!
Please bring an open mind to learning new techniques as well your scissors, sectioning clips, white top or apron.
No, unlike other classes, we source the models and provide the mannequin heads for you – one less thing for you to think about!
The deposit is non-refundable but is transferrable if you need to change dates.
Yes, once your initial deposit is paid we will send you an invoice for the remaining amount that you can either pay off weekly or fortnightly, so long as the full payment is paid 2 weeks prior to your intensive starting.